Saturday, January 16, 2010

Friday ice time

Yesterday (Friday) morning I was up early, as has been the norm lately, to see the SO off to work. I then went to the basement and, perhaps against my better judgement, did a LHT workout. My left shoulder was, and still is, a little tweaked, so I made sure to do my moves slow and controlled and did not do any overhead shoulder press or pull ups that might aggravate it.

Here's the deal:
  • Pushups - 4 X 25
  • Squats - 3 X 10 (70 lb barbell)
  • Bent over rows - 3 X 10 (70 lb barbell)
  • Lunge jumps - 60 s
  • Biceps curls - 3 X 10 (25 lb dumbbells)
  • Plank - 60 s
I also made a vow with myself that there would be nothing other than walking with the dogs for at least the weekend to give my old body time to repair itself. I really need to get the book, recommended to me by Aaron Blaisdell, Body by Science, that talks about intense 12 minute workouts followed by 7 days of rest! Here is the link to the author's blog...ok, I just went to Amazon.ca and purchased this before finishing my post - I can't wait to read it!

I got the kids off to school with no fuss, and then went for a long, slow, meandering walk with the dogs. In sum we were out and about for about an hour and fifteen minutes. About and hour of this was spent walking and the rest spent chatting with friends (human and canine) along the route. I think every day should be required to start, and possibly to end, this way.

Later on the whole family went into Edmonton to the Ice on Whyte festival. The sculptures were amazing and we had fun tooling around, drinking some coffee and hot chocolate and listening to the Karaoke singers/entertainment. The outing was finished off with a trip to a donair shop on Whyte Avenue (the name escapes me). Ice sculptures, hot coffee, and donair meat; works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment