Saturday, January 2, 2010

Bodyweight HIIT or Burpees, we meet again!

Today I remembered the adage about discretion being the better part of valor and tried a more manageable HIIT workout with descending sets of burpees (a "Mini Grail" if you will). For fun, I did this in bare feet as I have been trying with a few of these workouts. So far, so good, and it feels great just like in yoga class but with a lot more jumping around!

Here's the deal - 15 minutes (7:44 - 8:01 am) with just enough time between exercises to catch my breath (sort of):
  • Burpees - descending sets of 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 4, 3, 2, 1 (total = 55) in just over 9 minutes
  • Wall sit - 60 s
  • Lunge jumps - 60 s
  • Plank - unilateral (60 s each leg - I saw this on Bryce Lee's blog and am quite happy my yoga instructors don't make me do this pose)
And done, in 15 minutes.

Coffee, anyone?


Post script
: I went for a 40 minute walk
of about 3 km with the dogs later in the day, something I need to keep doing, especially now that it has "warmed up".

No comments:

Post a Comment