To badly paraphrase Bob Marley, the sprinting went well with no major problems. The SOP for the day was typical; SO seen off to work, kids to school, dogs for a stroll (stopping to chat to some friends- here they are barricading the door so we don't forget them!) then some work (and coffee) at home before heading into work and a lunch time sprinting workout at the indoor track.
Here's the deal:
- 1 minute walk, 4 minutes light jog warm up
- 6 X 20 s ~ 65% sprints on 60 s gos (40 s rest)
- 3 X 20 s ~ 85 % sprints with 60 rest between
- 3 X 12-15 s ~ 85 % sprints with 60 rest between
- 6 minutes walking cool down
I changed it up part way through to stop sprinting on the corners (hard on the knees) and to simultaneously do shorter, more intense sprints. It all went well, no tweaks and a good workout. And I wore my orthotics and they felt just fine. That said, the glutes are getting a little stiff sitting on the couch typing this post! Yoga will be much appreciated tomorrow.