Friday, December 30, 2011

Real food bargains: St. Albert edition

My friends, Ken and Lisa, told me some time ago that I should blog about bargains from stores in the St. Albert area on real food and related items, since finding such deals is one of my hobbies. So here you go, my inaugural post of such things, with just a few items I saw at the Real Canadian Superstore on a recent outing.


Ocean spray cranberries* (340 g bag): $0.46 per bag when you buy in groups of 2
Sunny Fruit dried figs (200 g package)*: $1 per package when you buy in groups of 3 (*no preservatives)
Giant yams: $0.46 per pound
Lactantia whipping cream (1 L carton): $1.50
Brita replacement filters$2.94 for a 3 pack (there are a lot of complete filter pitchers on sale, too)


* I made a variant of the cranberry recipe on the bag by replacing the sugar with 2 tablespoons of honey; very tart and tasty with much less sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment