Saturday, December 11, 2010

Finally going to Physiotheapy

I finally started seeing a physiotherapist about my knee just over three weeks ago. He thinks that the pain sis from some roughening of the cartilage or a small tear, likely due to my prior time as a runner. One more good reason to avoid running, I guess. I would like to keep sprinting when this resolves, though. The therapy essentially involves strengthening my quadriceps and hamstring coupled with some other "Frankensteinian" electrical-current-based therapy to increase circulation and promote healing. I have incorporated the exercises into my routine at home along with starting back doing some weight training. It is nice to be back hefting the iron, but I am trying to take it easy so that I don't overwork the knee or anything else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment