Thursday, April 15, 2010

Primal food selections

Here are a few, randomly selected dishes from the past little while. Some people ask whether I miss grains. Take a look and judge for yourself. I think not. 

Here's a breakfast from a while back. Primal pancakes (made with eggs, bananas and almond butter; recipe from Mark's Daily Apple) fried in and topped with butter with blackberries and strawberries on the side.
Then, onto an appetizer. Roasted nuts (pecans, almonds and hazelnuts) with sea salt.
A main course (from tonight). Grilled, rare top sirloin on mixed organic greens with tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil and Balsamic vinegar.
The salad above pictured with the side of sweet potatoes and butter (of course).
Grilled chicken breast on mixed greens with EV olive oil and Balsamic vinegar.
The salad above pictured with the side dish of sautéed mushrooms and green onions (in butter).
Similar to salad above, but from a different day, this time with avocado, goat cheese and fresh-peeled mandarin oranges.
Kind of a poor photo, but side salad, kim chee, two eggs over easy (in butter) with Bavarian smokie (also in butter, the day after I had grilled it).
So no, I don't miss grains. I love what I eat. I don't worry about how many calories are in what I eat. I eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full. Simple, healthy, satisfying and very tasty. Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Man this looks gooooooooddd! Now I need the recipe for those primal pancakes, they sound pretty darn delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted the link to the recipe now in the body of the text above. Try it out!

    ReplyDelete